Thursday, July 28, 2011

HITS Recap

Week 1
We went to HITS in Culpeper, VA first week in July. The weather was steamy. This is my second recognized hunter/jumper show. So it’s a little mind boggling. Atmosphere of a big hunter/jumper show is totally different from a big dressage show. But I do like the jumper crowd a lot better.

So we got to the showgrounds early. But the class had over 40 horses I think at the end of the day I think the class had 50 horses. Budi and I pretty much just relaxed for a bit. He studied the course and we got our number at the show office. We got to watch some of the class. Then we got the super mare ready.

Of course with Upperville fresh in my mind I was a little worried. Is she going to be demon mare? Would she be a good girl? Just never know with this quirky Appaloosa. After tacking her up we went to the warm up arena. The whole procedure at securing a warm up jump is something new to me. You kind of have to be at the right place at the right time to grab a spot before someone else.

We warmed her up and she was fine. She seemed loose, happy, and relaxed. Then we waited. And waited. And waited.

Finally it was show time. I was so nervous. Budi was like what’s the jump off. I’m like you’re hopefully today.

She did very well. Jumped every single fence. There were a few she backed off from, but clear round. She proceeded to the jump off. Budi came out of the ring and was smiling and relieved. He told me that he was smacking her the whole trip. He didn’t want her to refuse a jump.

She pinned 7th. We were pleased. So we chilled and waited under the shade and let Lilly eat grass. Then we waited.

Our second class came. I told Budi about the Bronze studbook and he was like alright let’s go. At the time I thought she had to be 1st or 2nd. So Budi put a little more speed and she did well.
Super mare had come out today.

Level 0 Jumpers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uMWRq9v5Ok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBgrHNCjPfk

Level 1 Jumpers
missed the first fence. *x* A lil unsteady with the camera as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r05VsvajupY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAfCOBKBPoU

HITS Week 2
Well this one will be brief. Demon mare came out to play today. Apparently the third and forth fence just did not sit well with her. She refused them in both classes. We were suppose to do Saturday as well, but Budi’s son got sick so he had to cancel.
One silver lining. I guess I over paid and had a $150 credit. I have no idea how I overpaid that much, but oh well. Pretty much have the next show paid for.
But I have a feeling she’s not feeling good. Not sure what, but she just looks blah. I gave her a whole week off. And I’ll start back riding soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment