Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jumper Week

So this is Budi’s week. Show is on Saturday. Both Budi and I have other engagements, so our day is going to depend on the show. We plan to show her in Novice Jumper, 2’3”-2’6”. See how she does. If the show isn’t running too late, we’ll try her in Low Jumpers at 2’6” to 2’9”. I’ve been asked to work at Sakura and Budi has a client he has to do. So hopefully we can at least see how the spotted demon mare does.

She was funny the other day. Budi usually comes out and jumps her on Saturdays. This Saturday he couldn’t make it out. Sunday someone had put up little cross rails out and I was just planning on a boring ride. She was feeling lazy and I was feeling lazy. So we hacked out in the field, but it was kind of slick, so I went back to the arena and we just putzed around. I asked her for a canter was going to do circle work, when she totally veered of course.
At first I was like whaaa? Then I realized she wanted to go after the fence. Super mare was like Budi missed jumped day! But I’m still not up to jumping just yet. I’ll have to build up my confidence.

But here’s our jumping show schedule. My dressage schedule is still up in the air. If the federal government closes, I definitely will miss the Vada/Nova show.

Date Show
3/5/2011 TWA Jumper Show
4/17/2011 Sandstone Farm
5/21/2011 Sandstone Farm
6/18 or 19 Kelly’s Ford or Union Ridge
July 8th HITS
July 14+15th HITS


Aug HITS shows will depend on my leave time and how she does at the first two. We may also go to Upperville if we feel she does well at the first few shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment