Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Beginning


So I decided to get on the bangwagon of blogging. I blog on livejournal, but that's more of my personal journal.


I have a 6yo Appaloosa mare named Revs Go Go Dancer. Her barn name is Lilly, though sometimes we call her more colorful things, when she's being Miss Evil Appy.


I've owned her since April 2005 officially. I started making payments on her in 2004. I was on a college budget and already had one horse. For whatever stupid reason I believed I could buy another horse. I sold him to a lovely teenage girl who loved him until the end of his days.


I wanted to show hunters with Lilly, without even knowing if she had any jumping ability. Eventually we learned that she was a beautiful hunter. She rounds her back, snaps up her knees, and is just a perfect hunter.


But me and her together just proved to be disasterous. My bad habit of jumping ahead with her unsureness about fences, just resulted in too many spills. Eventually I got scared.


What to do?


Sell her?


I've always loved dressage. So I was like what the heck. I used the local dressage series as a way to get her out and about. So she's shown dressage in Intro levels.


So after our barn's dressage show I talked to the judge, Jan Garlitz. I asked her how far she think Lilly could go. She said she had potential to go to 1st or 2nd level dressage.


So 2009 rolled around and I started showing in dressage. It's been a learning experience. She's young and green and sometimes the shadows hold scary things. Then it's also me, being super hunter rider. It's amazing how different hunters ride. I rode in my friend's Stubben Maestro and I felt so odd.


So this is our journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment