Friday, July 23, 2010

Modest Modest Me

So I'm not sure if it's my Asian upbrining or what. But I'm not big on compliments. They tend to make me uncomfortable sometimes. The biggest one that I hated growing up as a kid is when I would go to the dentist and here "You're teeth are beautiful. Have you had braces." "No," I say. "REALLY!!! Amazing!!!"
I hate that. I don't know what to say to stuff like that. I'll be sure to tell my parents that their chromosomes contributed to a damn good set of teeth.

Growing up I was never a god awful rider. I'm no Beezie Madden, but I learned to ride like a hunt seat equitation princess. When I showed as a teen I won Championships at the local shows. But to me it's all the horse.

My hard work is what I put into the horse. If we win, it's the horse that did the good job. I'm just the tool. When someone says good test or course or whatever I take more pride that my horse does well. Not myself.

Last night I was talking to my friend. She was telling me that I've improved so much in the past year. I'm like my horse is gotten better, she was like NO! Your riding has improved and she has too in her own ways. She told me I use to ride like a hunter princess and now I'm riding like a dressage princess.

I do feel great tho. I'm losing weight and I feel healthier and I feel like I'm a better rider now than ever before. :) So I'll have a moment of immodesty I'm awesome. haha. :)

1 comment:

  1. Every now and then, we all need to recognise just how far we have come on the journeys that we are on. Then take a deep breath and think about the next stage of the journey. Keep up the good work. I would love to see some photos as well as some links to the things that you blog about. Cheers :-)

    ReplyDelete