Monday, October 25, 2010

back in sync

This blog has been neglected. So while I suffer from sleeplessness I'll do a big mini-update. But ever since Sept, my normal routine for certain things has gone out of sync. Working out has suffered as well as this blog.

Dressage at Devon
Was awesome this year. Had a blast with fellow Appy Sport Horse folks. Got to talk to new people and soaked up the atmosphere and the rain. Lilly was totally freaked out about the flags flapping at a 100mile per hour. So she didn't show her best. Plus sinking in super saturated arena is never fun. She still scored 68% which is high for my little downhill skinny neck mare. But I'll take it. She could have scored higher if she wasn't so tense through her back. Ah well. I'll take it.

Quantico Riding Club Schooling Shows
Our last show at our barn was judged by Lauren Sprieser. Who is a friend and person I take lessons with now and then. I have to say Lauren is a great judge. From a show secretary standpoint, she's excellent with the riders and always offers good constructive criticism. A major goal of our shows is to have a laid back show environment especially for beginner riders and novice riders.
We got 66.00% in Training Level 3.
64.00% in Training Level Test 4. I have to say Training 4, is a dousey in a small arena. That loop thing came at you fast! Lauren even admitted that it's tough and she judged me a little lenient on that aspect. She said for small arena, it's better to use the quarter line rather than go all the way to X. But my bend was very blah.

One thing Lauren commented on was how more rounded she was in the canter. She had more lift and was nicer. She felt great. I mean her canters were nice and uphill and happy. :D

My friend Rebekah rode her in Introductory Test B. They got 66.5%. They do well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment