Thursday, October 28, 2010

Last show of the season

So Morven Park has it's show on Nov. 13+14th. I need 1 score in Training 4 at 55% or better. I've been working with the bending. That's what kills us. Plus I'm not too keen at this stretchy circle yet. I think the concept is a little foreign to me. She drops her head like a western pleasure horse, but I think that's not how it's suppose to be.

I'm planning to go to Lauren's place next weekend. So hopefully she'll help shed some light on this test for me.

Budi is working with her in jumper, but he also does a few days of dressage with her, because he likes for his jumpers to be supple in the body. So Tuesday he didn't jump at all, just worked on getting her supple and loose.

I also need to set an appointment with my massage lady, because I think she really needs one. Over the winter I hope to get a chiropractor to adjust her. And I need her teeth floated.

So many things to do, pocketbook just always gets thinner. *x*

I like showing, but I can't wait for this last show. I really want to spend the winter training and working hard and do better next year.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Regarding the stretchy circle, a u good nose poke out is fine...just as long as you keep going forward you will score well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Get him on the bit!" "Rounder!" "Demonstrate self carriage!" "More impulsion!" You hear the commands from dressage (and event and hunter/jumper) instructors all the time. But sometimes the terms can be confusing and confused with other terms. Here, we'll define a few basic terms, so you can get a better understanding of what your instructor wants you to do. showjump horses

    ReplyDelete