Sunday, November 7, 2010

Instructors

If you read my blog you'll get a sense that I don't have one instructor.
Why have one when you can have three! ;P

I switch btw Kelly Weatherhead, Patrick Tigchelaar, and Lauren Sprieser. 4 if you count Budi, but I don't take lessons from Budi he just rides my horse. But if I want lessons I can take them.

Why do I have three?

I've learned so much from all my instructors. With all the instructors they all are trying to get my super woman to be a little rounder. That's everyone's goal is to make the Lilly girl more rounder. Everyone except Lilly is fond of this idea. But she's getting there.

But each instructor has brought something different to the table. I've learned so much about dressage from each of them. That it's hard for me to pick which one I'd go to.

They all gripe about my position, Kelly nitpicks at my position more than the others. Lauren the second most and Patrick the least, but during one of my lessons I forgot what the hell a diagonal was, but my position was fine. ::rolls eyes::

Then sometimes they all tell me something and I'll do the movement and they praise me, but my brain is still confused. Then finally I'll have my own Ah ha! moment either during a lesson or just randomly.

This winter I plan on trucking on as much as the weather will allow. I really want to start breaking into the first level dimension. But with Lilly's permission of course.

But it's a system that works for me.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. I have two teachers, and a third who I sometimes schedule a lesson with. Like you, I find I get something from all of them, and the basic philosophies of the three are the same. Hope it keeps going well.

    ReplyDelete