Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lesson with Lauren

So I headed to Lauren's place Saturday the 6th of November. (I'm a little late with this blog post, wrote it but forgot to post it) The day was beautiful. Aside from the wind blowing it was a great day.

So I get ready to tack up and I realize that I forgot my saddle! o.O oh no! I felt like a block head. Lauren lent me one of her saddles, so situation taken care of.

We started the lesson, working with getting Lilly rounder. Lauren commented on how much she’s improved and how less resistant she’s become. She asked me how her jumping was coming along.

The spiral exercise came into play. Patrick also does this exercise with us too. So we spiraled in and then we spiraled out. She was being a little bit of a bugger. I think all the fresh cool air was making her feel extra jazzy. She went on a little bit of a bucking spree. Plus since this saddle wasn’t mine, I was reaching for my stirrups. This is after Lauren even rolled them. I got short legs.

Lauren taught me how to leg yield properly. I always kind of did it the hunter way. I explained how I was taught and she gave me a funny look and proceeded to tell me how to leg yield correctly. Of course I over think sometimes and she even was like Anna stop thinking so much. Lol. Then it’s like I have a new toy to play with. I practice it a bit on my Sunday ride.

She also tried to teach me how to bring Lilly down from canter to a trot by picking the right moment where she wouldn’t fall so downhill. But it’s going to take me a few times to really get it in my head. The right moment comes so quick, that it’s like ahh! So I’ll figure it out eventually.

So we're going back to Lauren's place on Friday. Took off because of Harry Potter midnight showing, plus I have to take a day off, because I'm working Black Friday. Danica and Cherie are planning to be there with me as well. So it's a grand day with the ponies on Friday. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment