Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fun Lil Hacks

So this week I haven't done very much serious training. Monday I wasn't going to ride, but I felt like I should because supposedly it was going to rain Tuesday and Wed. So I just hoped on bareback. To be honest my dog was sick so I've been stressed. I hoped on at the fence. She was a good girl, got on and we opened the gate and off we went up the hill. We went to the arena and was talking. My friend let us in and we just trotted all around.

For folks who've never ridden you can sense the mood of your horse. Monday night she was in a playful and happy mood. We trotted circles, serpantines, over poles. So it helped cheer me up. I'm happy that I can sit her big trot.

Last night I hacked her lightly. She was so good. Last week we were having issues with the right bend. She refused to bend to the right. Last night she was a super star. The left bend, was okay. But overall she was so supple and round. I was so happy last night. It was only about a 15 minute hack, but it was good enough. And it was way too cold too. *x*

Gotta get my winter breeches soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment