Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A bit of this a bit of that


Happy Veteran's Day!

Thanks to all who serve and had served to keep our country safe.

Also Happy Birthday Marines, a day late. ^_^

Our family dog, Alex has been licking his paws a lot lately. So I made my mom to schedule for an appointment. My mother knows english, but sometimes she gets nervous, so I wrote a note to the vet, so she wouldn't worry. I told him/her he has allergies.

The vet said I was right. All the pollen on the ground has made him lick his feet to the point where he has a yeast infection in his paws.

I can tell you tending to a horse is a lot easier than the dog. At least with Lilly, she's use to her feet being messed. Alex didn't want me touching his paws, because they hurt.

Animals. Don't we love them.

Despite being sick I rode anyways. I looked at the weather and it would be my last time until Saturdayish to ride. We have what's left of hurricane Ida passing through.
Lilly was being a pill. We rode in the arena where she gets spooky. Since I was in a grumpy mood I wasn't dealing with her shit. Which I shouldn't anyways, but I guess I get a little nervous in that arena.
So everytime she thought about spooking I prevented the spook and fussed at her too. Finally she was like FINE! I'll be a shit head another way. For the beginning of the ride when she wasn't spooking, she was really light on the bit and moving beautifully.
Towards the end of the ride, she became heavy on the bit again. *x* So finally I ended on a good note when she was light again.

I really want to go to a show soon, but my next chance won't be until Feb. Which hopefully I'll have my new saddle by Feb. Hopefully my scores will improve. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment