Monday, November 9, 2009

relaxing weekend

So the weather this weekend was gorgeous. A nice change from rainy October. I was run down in Oct., every weekend I had stuff to do.

I've been trying to get rid of this cold. It seems to pop in and pop out but it's still there. I feel real light headed all day today. Had two cups of tea, and when I get home I'm hitting the Vitamin C.

I rode Lilly Saturday. Just more of the same stuff. Flexion at the poll. And getting her supple and light.

I really wonder if I need to ride 5x a week to really get her broke. But some weeks it's hard, with the weather, work, and now illness.

I had planned on riding Tuesday, but the weather may be a factor. Of course federal holiday on Wed, but darn it, but they are calling for rain.

Sunday it was nice. A little warm for the season, so I waited until it cooled down so I wouldn't have a soaking horse. My friend's horse is moving so we're trying my horse with Okarena and Savannah. With any pasture change, you worry about fights and nicks and that well placed kick in the wrong place.
Horses will be horses, but god the vet bills are not a happy thing.

Since I don't have my english saddle anymore I've been riding western. I miss english. My friend let me borrow her dressage saddle and she said I can use it anytime. hooray! So I was happy. :)

I think my left leg is weaker, use to be my right. Because I feel like it's just swinging all over the place and I can get stabilized. So I shorten the stirrup and then I felt like I was leaning to the right too much.

You correct one problem and another pops up.

No comments:

Post a Comment