Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Frightful Woods

So on MLK it was beautiful in Northern VA. I in the middle of January wore a t-shirt to the barn. My friend and I went on a trail ride. I just wanted to get Lilly on trail to have a peaceful and relaxing environment. Give her a break from the arena.

She had a complete mental breakdown. She was fine walking away from the barn. As soon as we turn to go back home, she just broke down. She wanted to jig not walk. I don't mind jigging, but then she wanted to pop up in a mini-rear and tried to bolt. Finally I just got off her and walked her back. She acted like a TB going to post for the KY Derby.

I think she just isn't comfortable with the woods closing around her. Even with a buddy she was totally a freak of nature. I may just have to take the time and go out in the woods each weekend. But it's hard to find someone who'll go out with ya. But ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment