Thursday, June 24, 2010

Failed First Flight

So last night I went to the barn early at 6:00pm. I was going to do barn stuff and then go to Borders to work on a new short story. So I'm cleaning my stall and then I moved to the water bucket. I see this ugly black thing and I'm like omg she pooped in her waterbucket. Then I peered closer and ewe it's a dead bird.

I then noticed that there were air bubbles. So I immediately whisk the bucket and bird outside. I scooped the little guy out and he was very grateful. I walked inside the office to talk to the barn treasurer and apparently the little guy was a big fan of AC. He was totally chilling in my hand. But I worried that he might get a chill in the cold air.

I called my friends and one told me about a wildlife rescue hotline. So I went to the closest vet and she gave me the number. I call it and the lady calls me back 40 minutes later. She said to put him back and his parents will come back for him.

I let Lilly inspect him, but she thought I had a treat and was about to munch on him. *x*
He just has to survive the barn cats. I'm not sure if he'll make it. But it's up to Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment