Monday, June 28, 2010

Cedar Run Show

So it was miserably humid on Saturday. So I had a plan. I'd warm up for about 20 minutes and then take a breather and do my first test.

So it's time. I was up for Training Level test 2. All in all I was happy with her test. Our canter was our weakest issue with our departures being the main problem. We got 5s on the transition into the first canter, and what was my fault I asked her for the downward transition to early. I'm used to doing training test 1 first.

Judge said very well matched and capable pair. yay! :)

We scored 63.21% and got 3rd. Besides the technical aspect I was very proud of her. She wasn't as fussy as she use to be in the area and she wasn't spooky or letting things bother her.

We took a break. I offered her water but she wasn't interested. I sat in the AC for a bit to cool myself down and drank plenty of fluids.

Now for Training Level Test 3. Now with the issue of canter departures I wasn't feeling real confident. It's something that we'll have to continue to work on. And since I haven't had a lesson in about a month I haven't had eyes picking at me.

We ran into the first canter. And the second canter she really didn't like the soccer match in the distance so she ran out and then our circle became a oblong funky thing. So she slammed us on that.

In my head I scored us on a 56% I thought it wasn't good. But we scored 61.60% and placed third. Her walk is always what she scores well on. Otherwise we generally scored 6's besides that one canter transition.

We need to develop rounder topline with more consistent activity and more suppleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment