Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Break From Reality




If you're one of my friends in real life you know horses are my passion. If I'm not at a horse show I'm riding. If I'm not riding, I'm probably either sleeping or at work.

But once and awhile it's good to take a break. My good friends go to an convention called Otakon. Otakon is technically an anime convention, but it also highlights Japanese culture, fashion, other types of Asian cinema and music. They take over the inner harbor of Baltimore, Maryland for 3 days of nerdiness.


From left to right: Matt, Shawn, Sam, and a fellow cosplayer.

I am a nerd. I'll admit it. I'm not an anime nerd tho. My preference is Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, kaiju/sentai types of film. The last being films like Godzilla and Ultraman. I'm a huge Ultraman/Godzilla nerd.

The act of dressing up is called cosplaying. I have dressed up in years past, but this year with me gathering up new dressage stuff and loosing weight I didn't. We plan on attending Dragon*Con next year so I'll be planning a few costumes then.

But I'm just going to share a few favorite pics of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment