Monday, August 16, 2010

SVDA Dressage Show Part 1

So the plan was to leave the barn at 10am, pick up my friend and be on our way to Williamsburg and arrive around 12.

Well so much for plans.

After trailer issues (fixed by dad), forgotten saddle pad, and ton of traffic, we didn't make it to the showgrounds until 4:30pm.
I had plan like we were going to a normal showgrounds. So I packed bedding, buckets, etc.
Well the place they have is a farm. They had huge stalls with automatic waterers, bedding, and feed buckets already in the stall. She's never had an automatic waterer, so she didn't really pay any attention to it, so I had to bust out my water buckets. Which I didn't mind anyways, the waterer was rusty. Who's bright idea to use steel for a water bucket wasn't thinking about the rust factor.

After walking her around and letting her stretch her legs. After making sure she was fed and happy, We needed to go feed ourselves.

We checked in and decided to go to Olive Garden. I didn't really realize but it was like a nice little walk away. I got a glass of wine and chicken parm. I figure I never can finish all of my dinner so I had lunch for tomorrow. After eating I went back to the barn to ride.

The two days off made her turn into marezilla. She really was saying I don't like you and I don't like your opinions on me rounding and I don't want to listen!

-great-

So we pretty much worked until it was way too dark.

I have to say Hampton Inn & Suites has this dream bed experience and they're right. The beds were fabulous. Best night of sleep I had all week. I think my bed is a touch too soft.

It'll all be fun tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment