Thursday, August 26, 2010

Williamsburg SVDA Part II

So my times were late during the day. So my friend and I woke up early to feed and clean our stall out. We groomed and pampered the pony.

I get a little nervous on the day of the show. So my friend was trying to keep me from going spastic. A lot of nerve wracking minutes between waking up and getting ready.

My friend Martha Mitchell brought her mare, Waps Serenade and Katie Bott showed her. They had a good ride in Training Level 4. She's such a nice mare.

So after watching them ride I still had an hour and half to wait around. Finally we got the pony ready to warm up.

She was a fire breathing dragon. She really wanted to go out and attack. So we worked in the quiet grass arena. And finally she started to settle and get back into work.

My hunter position really reared its ugly head. I had been doing so well. But I think btw stress, my lower back hurting, and craziness I went into hunter mode.

First test was a little blah. We scored 57.857% in Training Level Test 2. She wasn't really listening to me and she was really hollow backed. She also really wanted to go into the canter.
Submission is her big points. The opinionated Appy does not see a point in submission. So we got to work on that.

Training Level Test 1, was better. We scored 60.87% and tied for second. She did better in this class. For whatever reason she didn't want to listen to me from trot-walk and she ran through my aids. I was like what the? Silly horse. Whatever let's keep it going.

Really enjoyed the venue and the show. It was a good intro show.
Williamsburg Pictures and Video

No comments:

Post a Comment