Saturday, August 22, 2009

Equine Massage

So my trainer recommended her equine massage lady Susan Greene. She's awesome. I liked her better than the lady I had come out last year. Plus she's like 10 dollars cheapier. Can't beat that. Not only did she give Lilly a massage she taught me how to do it myself. She told me it'll make her improve better if I can give her relief in between sessions.

She loved Lilly. Everyone does. She was being suprisingly great. She's sore at her poll, which Susan showed me how to work out the knots. It's kind of cool. She said she was sore in the hindquarters, but it was a good sore. She liked that she was sore in the hindquarters, it told her that she was actually using her hind quarters. She said she had a lot of clients who have dressage horses that were sore in front, because they weren't using them properly and riding them too much in front.

So I guess I'm doing something right for once. lol.

At the end of the session she put liniment on her left hindquarter and I guess it was too strong for her and she started spazzing out. The right she was fine with. I guess the tingling sensation was too much. She gave me two things of liniments, one already dulited and the other a brand new bottle.

As long as the pony is happy I'm happy. :)

31 days til Devon.

No comments:

Post a Comment