Thursday, August 27, 2009

scraps

Back on Sunday I came out to ride Lilly and she had three scrapes alongside her right hindquarter. The biggest scrape is three inches wide and six inches long. It looks worse than it really is. So instead of riding I had to clean it all up.

The flies have been horrible too. I tried riding and I couldn't. They kept on biting and biting and she just didn't have the mental ability to work. Those things hurt too! Couple of them bite me.

I hate summer. I hate the heat and the flies. I can't wait until fall. I'm starting back up with my trainer and all winter all we'll be working towards the 2010 show season.

I've decided my first recognized show will be Dressage at Doswell hosted by the VADACC May 15-16. A barrel racing friend of mine said the facility is awesome. The show grounds use to be part of Secretariat's farm I believe. My friend is helping with set up for one of their first shows in October.

Begining to look at winter stuff. Gotta stay warm this winter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment