Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Let's Ride Drunk!

So with all this rain it's been a stop-and-go ride situation. I wish I had an indoor arena. But I gotta work with what I got.

I rode over the weekend. I rode Big both Saturday and Sunday. I only rode Lilly on Saturday. I didn't work her too hard. I had gotten tired from riding the train wreck. Big is a good boy, but he's a train wreck to ride. He's all over the place. I have to work on making him move forward and being responsive to my leg and as well as straight. Well he didn't want anything to do with this riding business.
I do some groundwork with him before I ride. Not too much just getting him to respect my personal space. He has a habit of walking onto of people. He wants to fall on his forehand and then he's so uncoordinated he just trips.

Sunday I lunged him and worked him in the round pen. He was a good boy. He was much better under saddle. But he was tired. He really has no stamina. So I got him to go straight and do circles in both directions and we were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment