Tuesday, December 8, 2009

snow cold ewe

So I've began to hate getting old.

When I was a kid riding in the snow was cool and fun. You just add a lot of vasoline in your pony's hoofs and off ya go.

But as I reach the old age of 25, riding in the cold is just plan awful. We've been getting lucky with abnormally warm weather for November. But no more. Saturday was a rainy snowy icky mess.
Sunday was beautiful during the day, but I wasn't feeling the best so I slept until 4. When I went to the barn it cold.

I've been trying to work my schedule out.

Monday: no riding, hang out with parents
Tuesday: off
Wed: ride Lilly
Thur: ride Big
Fri: off
Sat: ride Lilly + Big
Sun: ride Lilly + Big

But lately it seems to want to rain or snow on my ride days. Tuesdays it's a crapshoot, if I get on I get on. Tonight tho I won't be lucky. We're getting rain and then maybe snow. Checking the weather this morning it seems like it's going to be snowing a lot in the coming week. *x*

Everyone is starting to release their show schedules. I manage Quantico Riding Club shows so I have two out of three judges so far. I need to email one. I like Jan Garlitz, but since we've used her two years in the row I'm going to switch it up. So we'll use Aviva Nebesky and Lauren one more year and then 2011 I'm not doing the shows so they can do whatever they want.

Show managing is a thankless job. Yes you get some thanks, but I don't think some of the ppl in our barn really realize how much blood, sweat and tears go into these shows. I've had to network and be the ultimate hostess. And sometimes put my own money into the shows. But ah well.

I'm probably not showing Lilly in our own shows next year. I may show Big and take Lilly to just to outside shows. My friend is taking care of her some nights in exchange for riding time. I'm going to ask her if she wants to show her next year, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment