Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thanks Mom!

My mother and I are funny gals. We're both strong, stubborn, slightly crazy and love our things. My mom would wish that I was the super feminine cute girl who's into designer clothes, make-up, and boys.

While I like boys, can deal with makeup, my designer brands include: Pessoa, Ariat, and Mattes. Not Louis Vutton, Burberry, and whatever.

Last night as I was making cookies, my mom was like I wore your paddock boots and they have holes in them! The only reason why I kept my paddock boots is because I'm a pack rat. I actually haven't worn them in a long while.

So she said I'm required to buy a new pair of paddock boots, she's footing the bill. And on top of that she wants to buy me a dressage saddle bag and boot holders.

She asked me about my new saddle. And I told her its not an easy process getting a sddle. The saddle has to fit me and the horse etc.

She asked me about my tall boots. She hadn't seen them in a while. I told her they don't fit. My calf is to big and it's a hassle to get new ones. So she grabbed my Dover catalog and was like here's my credit card buy this and that and this and that.

O.o

Then she was like, how much do they cost. I said 650. I didn't realize that's where they start. A full pair is going to be a helluva a lot more, I just talk to the Dover lady. My mother said that's fine. Get what I want, even if it costs $1200.

She also mentioned that she wants a darn plane ticket, so she's getting rewards on her card. So I'm helping her a little bit. Plus all she wants in return is for me to get her a pair of Ariat terrains.

Yeah $800+ boots in exchange for $80 boots. I can handle that.

Looking at Dehner and Der-daus. Konigs are too much and I've heard they're really stiff. I know the pain involved, but I don't want to die because of my boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment