Thursday, March 25, 2010

Enduring Torture

So I'm getting into shape. Since October or November I put on maybe 10 or 15lbs. Not sure. I do know that I went from a 10 to 14. Not a good feeling since I worked so hard to get to the 10 and then it all crept up again.

So I really looked at my choice of foods. I really let myself eat very unhealthy foods. I really cleaned up my plate. I'm eating a healthy breakfast a good lunch, and I try and eat dinner. I really have a bad habit of either gorging at dinner or not eating anything. I just don't crave foods at dinnertime. It's wierd.

I've also started working out. I added pilates during the blizzards. I'm walking/jogging on the treadmill. So far I can run 6 minutes straight. Start building up.
Then I added some excercises from bodyrock.tv Those are intense.

Horse wise, I want to get that pilates book for equestrian riders.
I also have added no stirrup work. So last night when I rode. I worked on Lilly for the 1st part of my ride. Then I dropped those pesky stirrups and rode.

Amazing. When I sit up I'm not on her shoulders and she can use her back better and stays on the bit. O.o

While I was posting around with no stirrups I decided to do the canter. Now I picked up my stirrups and then let them go once I was in it. She's a little weak at the canter now, because of all the time off, and I didn't want to be flaying on her back.

She was getting tired at the end, so she was a little reluctant to pick up her right lead canter. So I tapped her, did a good lap and called it a day. Plenty of treats for the good girl.

I was walking around very sore and I'm glad I did all my barn chores before my ride. whew. -_-

I'm in a pair of dress slacks that got tight during my weight bulge, and now they fit comfortable. That makes me happy. But very happy now.


No comments:

Post a Comment