Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sunday was not a disaster

So I should have more faith in my mare sometimes. She handled the slop like a pro. She only spooked once, someone I think slammed something down in their trailer, but it wasn't in the show ring so who cares.

I get to the arena, when I realize I have no number. So I had to march all the way back to the truck and find it.

So I really had like a minute to warm up. So we go in and we do our test. It was a very accurate test and the judge noted that. In both tests she noted that she's stiff to the left. Which since she had her shots on Thursday I wasn't surprised I noticed that Saturday when I rode.

She was very tight through her back in Intro A.

In B, she was very relaxed. To the right, she really was bending and a good girl. Since she was stiff to the left I wasn't really forcing the issue, just asked and she gave me what she could.

We got a 9 on our free walk in B. In A we got an 8.

The judge talk to me a little bit about the saddle. She told me I needed a better saddle. She said my position is pretty good and not to get discouraged, and when I get a bigger saddle my seat should improve. So I was thankful for that.

We got 64% in Intro Test A, and 67.5% in Intro Test B. We got 2nd and 3rd, but I'm not sure which one in what. I was so tired and cold I wasn't really paying much attention to that detail. Scores matter more.

No comments:

Post a Comment