Monday, March 1, 2010

Warm sun...

So Saturday I got to ride. I had to do my emissions test and I went to the tack store afterwards. I got a pair of crochet jumper gloves made by Ovation. 15 bucks, great investment.

There's this new lady at our barn. Lilly was running around bucking like a crazy woman and she asked me what she was. I responded "Appaloosa with TB, and QH blood mixed in. But right now she's Thoroughbred." She laughed.

But honestly she has her moments where she just likes to run. I was lunging her, when all a sudden her only purpose in life was to run like a banshee. She seems to get a little look in her eye, let's call it the look of the eagles. I kind of let her go, but I finally just asked her to stop. I think if I wasn't in control, she would have run for hours.

After I finished lunging her I hopped on. She wanted to pay attention to the little girl who was yelling and wooping and heeyaing her paint gelding. He's a trooper he goes all around the arena and returns back to where the mom was standing. Smart pony.

She was awesome. I think the break did her good. She didn't want to bend at the poll like before the snow storms, but good grief her canter was awesome. Especially towards the right. She was really engaging her hindquarters and all I had to do was sit and steer. But I didn't keep her going long, she was getting tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment