Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sun come back! :(

So it's going to rain starting later today.
Lilly is getting her spring shots. She's never gotten sore before, so hopefully she'll be fine.

I rode on Tuesday night. She was being awesome. The exercises that Kelly taught me are really starting to pay off. To ask her to get on the bit is starting to be easier and less of a fight.

Lilly hates the end of the arena. To her she sees scary horse eating hobgoblins lurking in the shadows. So she was good on the one end of the barn, but when we went to work in the opposite end, she just didn't have anything to do with listening to me. So I put my foot down. I rode her into the corners, tried to make her focus on me. Finally it seem like she was, than she bolted!

During the bolt I was having a slow thought process:
She's bolting.
Why is she bolting?
What do we do in a bolt situation?
Ah yes, the pulley-rein.
Apply pulley rein, bolt stopped.
I yelled at her and than we worked back in the scary corner.

She was fine after that. She still wanted to look a tad, but when I applied my aid, she listened too me.

Crazy mare.

No comments:

Post a Comment