Monday, March 29, 2010

Stellar

Saturday comes around and I head out the barn. The tempature has dropped equalling a very frisky Appy mare. I lead her into the roundpen and she spazzed out. She realized I was still connected on the opposite end and she paused. I unleashed the spotted wonder pony.

She ran and ran and bucked and nickered. I left her and went to do my chores.

My instructor was a little late, due to traffic. So we started and this lesson she wanted to work on my position. She's trying to turn me into a dressage rider. It was a really good lesson. I still want to extend my arms like hunter, but I really did a good job. The pony was stellar as well.

So just maybe I'll be a dressage rider yet.

I just got Lilly horse insurance. Switched to Agri-Risk. She was without insurance for a few months, the other company jacked up their rates, and I said bye bye.

3 comments:

  1. Got to love this time of year and frisky mares. Good luck with your lessons.

    How do you like Agri-Risk? Not happy with how mine has gone up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your picture caught my eye when you left a comment on another blog... Your horse seems to be my horse's secret twin! Of all the dark appy horses with snowflakes across their rumps I have seen, I have never seen one that looks so much like mine! Head, neck, rump, all the way to the lack of main and tail! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first comments! Sorry didn't see these earlier.

    I've only had Agri-Risk for 2 weeks, so I really can't say anything about it yet. I would have rather gone with Broadstone, but Agri-Risk offered a payment plan.

    I was giving her a bath today, she's getting more white hairs on her rump and neck. *x* Hopefully she won't roan out too much. I like my blanketed mare. :)

    ReplyDelete