Friday, April 30, 2010

2 1/2 hours later...

So yesterday the little girls that ride Lilly couldn't come out. Which worked out for me, because all the gals who are showing Saturday were going to get together and school.

So I did my chores and then got out Lilly and started to groom. Of course there were like little things that I had to do, make sure the treasurer cut a check for the judge, keep going back to 2 different places where my equipment is strewn about. I need to get a tack trunk to keep my stuff organized in. But that'll be later.

So I finally get on and school a little in the smaller arena. Then me and Cherie went over to the arena that has the dressage ring set up. I helped Cherie with her test a bit.
Then I did my test.

My position in the saddle is blah. It's not the new saddle's fault, it's mine and my fault only. Sometimes not having a pair of eyes to watch you you creep back into your old hunter habits.
So Lilly was being a pain, she wanted to spook in a corner and buck. But I really said no ma'am.

Then Nadege came over and saw me. I like my instructor Kelly's teaching style, but Nadege's style is a little different. She yells (in a nice way) more. More demanding.
Nadege says I drop my shoulders when I ask for the canter and give to her. I need to keep my shoulders up and back and not fall on her forehand. So she worked me another 45 minutes, after I already been riding an hour.

Then I read her her test so she could have a quick run-through.

Then we talked more and then she wanted me to get on Monty, her 17.2h Hanoverian. He's a big boy. She worked me again another 30 minutes.
I wouldn't call Monty a schoolmaster, but I think riding a horse more experienced helped me a little. You really have to ask him right to do it, and when you do he responds to you.
God is he big boy. Fun.

I'm going to ride more with Nadege. Having eyes to watch my position to be more consistent will be great. Too bad she's leaving in June. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment