Monday, April 12, 2010

Budi Workout

My friend Budi donated a clinic for our club. I rode Lilly as the first ride of the day. Budi always does a mini-training ride on all his lesson students. He likes to feel the horse and pretty much warms them up for you so he can understand your horse better. After the warm up he gives you your horse back.

My friend Nadge let me ride in her saddle. Oh my god it was heaven for my butt. It put me in a great position and whew Lilly was flowing and grooving under saddle.
She got her saddle in Germany so I've never heard of it before.

Budi gets excited when he teaches, so I told the new people that if you want a break you'll have to ask. Budi will keep on teaching until you pass out. lol.

Lilly was funny, because I didn't feed her breakfast since we had the early ride. So she was grumpy when I hooked her up to the tack post. Then Budi gets on her and he wore spurs. He poked her once and her face scrunched up like dude what's your issue. Don't poke me! He told me I need to add spurs to help refine my aid.

We worked on leg yields and shortening and lengthening her stride. He wants to see her get stronger in the canter. He was impressed on how much she's changed for the better. I think he's always liked Lilly. I joked that I'd breed her to Popeye K and give him the baby to train, and he was like okay! haha. But Popeye K's stud fee is 2,6k, and I can't afford embryo transfer. :P

But had tons of fun. Pretty happy with the pony.

No comments:

Post a Comment