Friday, April 23, 2010

Time to get serious

So this winter I've been doing the intro tests. Only due to the fact this winter has been horrid and really did it so I could get some show time.

But now she's strengthening up and getting stronger. I love how she looks right now. She's nice and round and looks fabolous. Well now she's a bit red clay shade, but other than that she's rocking.

I kind of want to jump into Training 3 & 4, but I think mentally I need to work on me a little more. I tend to get a bit nervous lately and not trust her. So our barn is hosting a small schooling show, so I've decided to do Training 2 and if she schools well next week do 3, if she's being a butt I'll stick with 1.

Hopefully my saddles will be in. I sat in the Wintec Pro at a local tack shop and I have to say I'm happy with it. I'm glad I didn't get the contourblocks because I really wasn't digging it. They weren't that big, but I can see how they would maybe annoy me.
The only thing that annoys me is that I heard the Wintecs run big. The 17.5 was actually a good size for me. So hopefully a half and inch won't be totally crazy big.
I also sat in an HDR Rivella which isn't the model I got but similar. It was good, but it puts me more in a chair seat.

Nadge said she's going to let me borrow her saddle, but for now western saddle.
Lesson tomorrow hopefully the rain will hold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment