Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Morven Park Championship Show

So this past weekend Morven Park hosted its winter series championship show. I qualified for it. I got Lilly all nice and pretty, her blanket was sparkling white and she was very shiny. Thank you Microtek.

We got at the show at 9:00am, thinking that's enough time. But by the time I ran up to get my number and ran back that was like 15 minutes, because the show office isn't really close. Thank god my friend Leann went with me. So she tacked up Lilly. I got changed and hoped on. I had like 10 minutes to warm up.


She was spooky. The wind was howling and slamming against the indoor, so she was being a spaz. So I was unnerved because I was feeling rushed and hectic. So our warm up wasn't good.

We showed and it was just blah. We scored 55.5%. Which was fair, it wasn't a horrid test, but it wasn't good either.


So I went back into the warm up arena and we schooled. I practice leg yielding and did circles. We relaxed and were better prepared for our championship class.


We did a very accurate test. We were a little late in one transition, but we did good. I was a little off my final centerline.
The judge said on the score sheet that since her neck is set lower that I shouldn't keep my hands too high and to work on the developing a rounder connection. She said I need more impulsion.
First time I've shown under an "r" judge. So it was a great learning experience.

There was a guy riding and he got so close to us. I wanted to say dude, got a young spooking horse, but then I figure she'd just have to deal with it and it's good for her, because those warm up arenas can be hectic.

We got 65.5 in our 2nd test and Championship for the class. We got a Wegman's tote bag, some organic horse treats, chocolate, organic shampoo and bran mash. Very exciting. Now on to Training Level. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment