Friday, September 4, 2009

cool and frisky

So the cooler weather is upon us. First I have started to blanket. It feels to early, but since Devon is a few weeks away I don't want her too fuzzy. Plus considering last week we had 90+ weather and it now is 70 going into the 50s I figure might as well.

I rode her last night. I rode her in the arena that she gets spooky in. She didn't shock me with any major spooks, just kept on looking in the dreaded evil corner and down the hill that is the home of horse eating deer.

She was being heavy again with the bit. But I got her to go light a few times at the trot. Cantering to the left was okay. I've lengthen my stirrups to try and help me sit back, but I still get into a hunter frame in my saddle.

She did toss in some playful bucks going to the right. Nothing I couldn't handle. I just pushed her onwards and she was good. Once the bucks were out she gave me an awesome canter. She was using her hindquarters and doing that mythical "uphill" canter that a few judges tell me to achieve. It's hard when she's downhill, but she tries.

I'm debating on either entering her in the VADA/NOVA schooling show on Nov. 1st or the Chestnut Oak schooling show Nov. 8th. I think Chestnut Oak will fit better in my schedule, but it'll help to show her at some Morven Park shows so she can see the showgrounds and screw up this year so next year when the scores count she'll be use to Morven.

If my friend pays me money today I think I'm calling Budi for a lesson. I need one bad. Budi is going to hot shoe her next time. It'll be interesting to see how she'll handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment