Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My First Day at Devon

Just because I'm an early riser I was way to early at the barn. I had to mull around a little bit before I could head out on the road. I live in the Washington, D.C. area. That equals a lot of traffic and towing a trailer in rush hour traffic was not my idea of fun.

My brake plug was being a pain, so I had to bend over and mess with it. Well my cellphone was in my jean pocket and bugging me. So I laid it on the bumper of my truck. I was driving and wanted to text my friend a real quick message. It donned on me of where the location of my cellphone was. !!!!

It made it to Woodbridge, roughly 10 miles on the back of my truck. Thank god. Incredibly lucky.

My GPS was on some sort of crack cocaine and wanted to get more, so it took me through downtown Baltimore. Parts of Baltimore I've never been in. Not cool, plus some of the roads were a little patchy.

So finally get back on a normal road. I went through a toll road. $23.00 freaking dollars. So I set my GPS to avoid tolls. I ain't got money to spend on useless tolls. I need my money to shop at Devon.

So I finally get there at 1:30ish. I was so nervous. I've never been to a show this big. So I unpacked as quick as I could and drove to Motel 6. When I got back Tina was there. Tina is Caroline's friend. Caroline works at the feed shop that I get my feed and she got us to be together.

Lilly was being super good. We walked and the only thing she spooked at was the flowers. She doesn't like flowers for whatever reason. I guess they all look like they're going to kill her.

Tina's friends with Christine Smith, who's a handler. She's really nice. Meet up with Bruce & Stacy Griffin who's handling Lilly Thursday. Got the run down on what's going down.

When I was standing near the show arena with Tina, Christine, and one other gal I forget her name I heard my name and Lilly's show name. It happened to be the ApSHA president Wendy Rhodes. So we got talking. We talked for a while. She wants to do a group photo and lunch so I have that for today.

Apparently my appy caused a stir already. Christine's assistant handler said people were talking about her. I'm like omg already. When I walked around the showgrounds people were starring. So it's up to miss Lillers to shine.

I got to get. Got to use the restroom feed and find allergy medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment