Thursday, September 10, 2009

melon colly?

Lilly's been in most of the week due to the weather. Not that it's been raining as much as they've been predicted.

So I went to the barn at 6:00 and turned her out. The sky looked like it was getting darker, but I figured she'll have some turnout before it rained.

So I went home and cooked dinner. The rain hadn't come yet so I went out and rode. When I tried sitting the trot my stomach protested. It said you ate way too much spagetti to be sitting the trot. I know they say you should wait an hour before excercising, but I never usually eat dinner before I ride. I learned my lesson. No full stomach and sitting trot.

On Tuesday all I did was lunge her. Very lightly. Then yesterday I rode. At the trot she was fine, but when I asked her to canter she was very relucant and when she did canter she was four beating. She never does that. So I thought maybe it was me riding dumb.

So I got off and checked her legs. No heat or swelling. So I got out my lunge line and lunged her again. No head bobbing no missed steps. She did look a little stiff. I figured maybe I just hadn't warmed her up enough. But I was tired too so I just ended early.

I think my little pony is tired. I've ridden her every other day for the past two weeks. I think her right hindquarter is very sore. So I put some liniment on her and gave her a really good rub down. She really likes the right hindquarter worked, but when I got to her left she's like no touchie!

When I went to the barn this morning she hadn't eaten all her hay and she usually does. Plus she drank most of her water. She usually only drinks 3/4 a bucket a night, but both buckets were almost gone. But she was eating her grain like it was going out of style. I couldn't take her temp because my thermoter was broken. So I'll ask my friend to check on her make sure she's fine.

So she'll have today off and Friday off. Saturday I might have a lesson. The girl that my friend did a clinic with Lilly is coming to the barn. So if the other gal at the barn doesn't take the 1230 spot I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment