Monday, September 14, 2009

Saturday

I had a lesson on Saturday with Abby Carter. She did a lesson with my friend. Apparently in the last lesson, she rode Lilly. She said she liked her work ethic and her ridability.

She was trying to get me to get her more responsive to my leg. She really worked with me on my position. Which is amazing why sitting taller and deeper does.

We worked on turn on the forehand as well.

Then we worked in the canter. She was trucking. I've never felt her go so fast under saddle before. But she felt really good. She was really driving with her hindquarters.

She showed me little things that made a huge difference. So I'll be working on that.

One of the kids at the barn wanted to trail ride, so I went out with him, with my friend's horse. Lilly get's nervous on trail so I didn't want a fight. I need her to get use to trail, because we can't always work in the arena.

I'm a big wuss! But I let myself trust Dakota and me and Mikey started gallopping up a series of hills. It was so much fun. Dakota really can get. My knees though were creeky.

I wanted to ride Lilly, but I've had a huge allergy attack all Sunday. So with the exciting trail ride and I had to paint something for the barn it was dark and I was dead tired.

I went to the VADA/NOVA Fall show. It was fun. I volunteered. I never been a ring stewart and they wanted me to do the big arena. I was a little freaked out. So I told the volunteer lady and she had me do a smaller arena where I could talk to the other ring stewarts.

Saw UB40. Not impressed on his website, but in person he's a nice stud. Very lovely. I'm not a huge chestnut fan, but he's a nice color. Very good boy too.

It was a nice show and the weather in the morning was lovely. Morven Park is a very pretty showgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment