Saturday, May 29, 2010

Infection

An infection has set in Lilly's wound. I called the vet's office and told them. I picked up SMZs this morning and I bought a pill crusher.

A few years ago when I had Platinum, I had to put him on SMZs. These SMZs are a lot smaller. Thank god, crushing those suckers up was ridiclous. Plus Platinum didn't want to touch his grain. For the first few days I tricked him, by adding apple sauce. But he was a smart one. He refused apple sauce for the rest of the time I had him. I had to mix it up and shoot it up like a wormer.

Lilly has no qualms about eating the meds. I did add water to it. But other than that I came back to an empty feed bowl.

I turned her out. She's in a separated paddock right now. So hopefully swelling will go down again. Her hock has gotten big again since the infection started and I had been keeping her in until I got the meds and as well as the iso paddock was clear.

2 comments:

  1. http://cherieandsilky.blogspot.com/

    come visit me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dressage has long been seen as the most graceful of equestrian events and for good reason. The FEI dressage horses that compete at this level are trained to move gracefully across the arena performing complex maneuvers while the rider appears to give no cues and interferes very little in the actions of the horse. dressage horses

    ReplyDelete