Sunday, October 4, 2009

need for speed

So yesterday we had our western speed show. It was a make up date from August.

We only had 5 horses and like 7 riders. So need to say it was a craptastic attended show. So I told folks if they wanted their ribbons, 2.50 per ribbon. We pay like 2.37 for each one, but who wants to figure that math out.

My friend who usually comes and brings two horses truck broke down. So the girl who rides her 2nd horse was horseless. I told her to just use Lilly.

In the practice round she got Lilly to go really fast. If Lilly were to be a race horse she'd be a strayer, she get's very long and low when she runs. She's no means a games horse. She can't do quick turns, but the TB pedigree really shows through.

Her famous relative winning 1984 Turf Classic, John Henry. Her broodmare sire is his 1/2 brother. I wish I could have visited him before he died. I just found out she was related to him a few weeks before he passed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FiG8Pp2W-0&feature=related

She did win one class. I'm not sure which one now. But it was a good shitting around day.
Now I have to get her to be all nice and framed up.

Hopefully I'll ride today, but it'll depend on how much the hay will kick my ass. Getting a load today. hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment