Tuesday, October 27, 2009

www.delappphoto.com

So Saturday my friend talked me into going to the WAshington International Horse Show. I met them in Chantilly and we metroed into DC.

It was a lot of fun. My only exposure to a lot of the big time riders are at the WIHS every 5 years or on the Olympics. I like jumpers but I just don't follow it too much. A few of my favs were there Rodrigo Pessoa, McClain Ward, Margie Engle, and Todd Minikus. Only 3 riders made it to a jump off, but it's still all very exciting. I need to go to more jumper shows. So much fun.

Sunday was a busy day. I skipped church and did a lot of barn chores. I gave her a bath because we're having family photos. My mom wanted the entire family including the fuzzy ones. So horse got bathed. Then I went home and brushed the dog out. He was nice and white and fluffy.

Surprisingly it only took a few seconds. Both animals are photo hams so they all looked at the camera.
We tried taking pics of my ma, me and the pony, but the pony decided that I didn't need to be in the shot.

Then the dog and the horse, but my friend said the dog look so incredibly scared that they didn't come out. We also took some liberty photos and two free jump shots. She's so cute over fences.


I rode with one of the kids at the barn. I didn't want too I was so tired. I didn't get back from the WIHS until 2:30. But I had a really good ride.
My back wasn't hurting, Lilly wasn't resisting, she was very soft in the mouth. So it was a really good ride.
We stood next to my friend who was practicing roping. I wanted to see how she reacted to whirling ropes. She wasn't bothered at all.
So this weekend very tiring but all in all good.

Oh and the Spy Museum is a whole lotta fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment