Friday, October 2, 2009

Wanna Be a Cowboy

Not really, but I rode western yesterday. Since Devon, I forgot a lot of my stuff in my dad's truck. I don't have a dressing room or a tack storage cubbie in my trailer.

Piece of Advice if you plan on showing.

ALWAYS BUY A TRAILER WITH SOMESORT OF TACK STORAGE AREA!!!!

It's so frustrating, having to take everything out. Then put everything back in. Then stuff get's misplaced or whatever.
Preparing for Devon I realized I think someone walked off with my stable wraps and other stuff.

But anyways that's a side track.

I had my western saddle in the tack room. I had no bridle so I borrowed my friend's curb. It's a simple curb, not harsh. I was worried because I saw this wicked curb in the tackroom, but I realized that wasn't her bridle.

When anyone sees Lilly being ridden western, they're like omg. But I broke her western. When I was going to compete in western pleasure with her, I got her to do a nice jog. But to lope was not going to happen. She had such a huge canter, why force her to be something she is not. Plus western pleasure ain't fun anyways.

But we had a nice little ride. She remembers neck reining. She's better to the right then to the left. Asked her for turn on the forehand and side passing. My little dressage western pony did well.

:) I was going to ride tonight, but my friend wants to take me out man hunting. lol. OktoberFest. Need the man to help pay for the horse. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment